ENNO The Ultimate Multi-gaming Guild
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~(OWO)*~

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Pemerkosaan Terhadap Anak Smp Di Rumah Kosong 3 Vs 1 Target=
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 9:03 am by 

» A Collection of People going hard on Instruments in Mabi
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2013 10:38 pm by Pachi

» Cry Reads: Symmetry (Not for the weak-stomached)
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 9:06 pm by Saladman

» Guildie Harlem Shake
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:52 pm by GuildMaster

» WEBSITE UPDATE
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 2:31 am by GuildMaster

» DS: (Mabinogi Book) The Origin of Moon Gates
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:54 pm by Pachi

» DS: (ShortStory) Ferghus the Incredible
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 7:52 pm by Pachi

» DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm by lumarto

» DS: (Mabinogi Book) A Campfire Story
DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:04 pm by lumarto

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
What kind of animal are you?
Page hunt list<3
The Rare Species Of Cats: Nerzcat
riddle/story time section
Due to recent events I'm erasing the title
Hai, I'm Vel~!
lycafesua. The advanced noobie of the guild o3o"
Bard event
What Kind Of SuperHero/SuperVillian Would you be~
hide-N-seek
Top posting users this month
No user
Poll

DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lumarto
Admin
lumarto

DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Empty
PostSubject: DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness   DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm

I Hate Cuteness

Sometimes I wonder, do animals talk, too?
If those cries from cats actually mean something, what are they trying to say?
"What kind of a person gives cats a salted fish? Are you taking care of me or what?"
"Hey! Get your hands off me!"
"Some cats get to live in luxurious castles... What am I doing here?"
If these cats keep lamenting about their environment like this 24/7, then no one would ever see them as adorable creatures.
The truth is, I can't stand anything that is "cute".
I can't really pinpoint what it means to be cute, but I do know what's NOT cute. I at least have the emotional capacity to agree with the consensus when they think something is cute. But I still hate cute things.
Whenever I see a kitty going around meowing, I can't help but feel the cuteness radiating from its body into the area. Seriously, they are beyond adorable. Imagine babies cradling in your arm, smiling.
It's easy to attach the word "cute" to anything these days, and the word "cute" has become vogue in our society. We have reached the point where people are called cute regardless of gender. A muscular alpha-male swinging around a massive sword doesn't elicit the excitement that a pale, weak, but good-looking man can with his smile. (It's okay, Ferghus!)
I know that surveys like this tend to be heavily biased, but there's always that main group of consumers that'll always be around...that's why it's inevitable that a minor circumstance such as this can turns into a full-fledged movement. And that's why I'm afraid of joining in the trends of the cultural mainstream. The simple concept that 'consuming breeds production' can feel really overwhelming at times. Everyone rushes to sell something to each other, and over time, the 'new' thing this turns into the status quo, and if you don't follow the "status quo", you end up feeling as if you've done something wrong. The Pro's will be emphasized, while the Con's will be tucked away for no one to see. I mean, if it's a trend, then the ones that are selling the trendy products should just sell, and that should be it.
But now, I'm worried that that point is lost even from the viewpoint of producers. Even the cutest pet poops from time to time.
When babies don't stop crying, that sets me off a bit. Just because the person's cute doesn't mean the same person can't spit out curse words and fight.
Honestly, I don't HATE "cuteness". I just fear that I may end up as one of many to just sheepishly concede to all the hype toward "cuteness" in general.
Even as I'm saying all this, I know that the current trend will continue to favor cuteness. I just feel that the ones in the culture's mainstream must learn to take responsibility for the fact that they are the mainstream. That's why I disagree. I just want to disagree first, and then think later . Even if I feel that I am a responsible human being, I'll disagree first, and then think. This is my way of maintaining some integrity.
Seriously, there should be at least one or two people like me.
Back to top Go down

DS: (Mabinogi Book) I Hate Cuteness
Page 1 of 1